The Birthmark Support Group was set up over 10 years ago by parents of children born with birthmarks. We aim to provide UK-based support for anyone with a birthmark, as well as their families and friends
- To provide support and information to anyone who has a birthmark, and to support not only the person with the birthmark, but the whole family.
- Ensure a better understanding amongst the medical profession about types of birthmarks, possible complications and treatment, not only of the birthmark but of the whole person.
- To aid research into the cause of birthmarks (so far unknown) and possible cures.
- To raise general awareness and acceptance.
- To ease the path through schools (nursery, primary and secondary) by educating both teachers and pupils.